Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) has facilitated the Offline Matching Tool for the reconciliation of GSTR-2B (Auto-Drafted ITC Statement) with Purchase Register.
Form GSTR-2B is an auto-generated invoice-wise ITC statement based on the information furnished by the suppliers of the taxpayer. It essentially means that the taxpayer can know how much ITC is available for the month. A new form GSTR-2B was launched for this purpose which is, unlike GSTR-2A which is a static statement and is available for each month on the 12th day of the succeeding month.
The Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) informed about the Matching Offline Tool v1.0 that it can be used for viewing the GSTR-2B (Auto-drafted Input tax credit (ITC) statement) and for the matching of GSTR-2B with the Purchase register.
For the installation of the offline tool, go to GST portal and please download the Matching Offline Tool v1.0, and extract the zip file and run the Download.
The downloaded (Matching_Offline_Tool) zip file contains:
- GSTR2B_Matching_Tool_v1.0.exe (Application)
- Purchase Register Excel Template
- User Manual
- Change History
The GSTN has issued a detailed advisory on using Matching Offline Tool.
- Before you extract and run the downloaded file, ensure that the file is not corrupted. How do I know that my file is not corrupt? Click here to know more.
- Go through the Readme document before you begin the installation.
- Double-click on GSTR2B_Matching_Tool_v1.0.exe to install the offline tool.
What’s new v1.0(Released on 13/09/2020)
- Downloading the auto-drafted input tax credit (ITC) statement – GSTR-2B from the dashboard at GST Portal and opening the same in the Offline Tool for viewing.
- Importing the purchase register in the Offline Tool for matching with GSTR-2B downloaded from the GST Portal. Taxpayers will have to use Excel/CSV template provided with the tool to prepare their purchase register and import the same in this Offline Tool.
- Comparing the auto-drafted ITC statement – GSTR-2B, downloaded from the portal and the purchase register using the ‘Matching’ tab provided in the tool to identify documents which are fully matched, partially matched or not matched.
To use the tool efficiently, ensure that you have the following installed on your system:
- Operating system Windows 7 or above. The tool does not work on Linux and Mac.
- Browser: You need one of these browsers installed on your system:
- Internet Explorer 10+
- Google Chrome 7+
- Firefox 45+
- Microsoft Excel 2007 & above
- Alternatively, for any below versions, the tool will open in a default browser.
- Before installation of Offline tool, ensure that you have 200 MB of free disk space in your local machine.
With Warm Regards,