Property Tax Gurgaon
The Municipal Corporation of Gurgaon (MCG) is responsible for collecting property tax in Gurgaon, Haryana. Property tax is an annual tax levied on the owners of immovable property, such as houses, flats, and commercial properties.
How to calculate MCG property tax
The MCG property tax is calculated based on the following factors:
- Property type: Residential properties are taxed at a lower rate than commercial properties.
- Property area: The larger the property area, the higher the tax.
- Property location: Properties located in prime locations are taxed at a higher rate.
How to pay MCG property tax online
You can pay your MCG property tax online at the MCG website. To do this, you will need to enter your property ID number. You can pay the property tax online through net banking or debit/credit card.
Benefits of paying MCG property tax online
There are several benefits of paying your MCG property tax online:
- It is convenient and easy to do.
- You can pay your tax from anywhere, at any time.
- You can avoid long queues at the MCG office.
- You can get instant confirmation of your payment.
Due date for MCG property tax
The MCG property tax is due on or before 30th June of every year. If you do not pay your property tax by the due date, you will be liable to pay a penalty.
MCG property tax rebate
The MCG offers a rebate of 10% on property tax if it is paid on or before 30th June of every year. The MCG also offers a rebate of 5% on property tax for senior citizens and women taxpayers.
MCG property tax exemptions
The following properties are exempt from MCG property tax:
- Properties owned by the government.
- Properties used for charitable or religious purposes.
- Properties owned by disabled people.
- Properties owned by ex-servicemen.
MCG property tax grievance redressal
If you have any grievances related to MCG property tax, you can contact the MCG grievance redressal cell at 1800-180-1757. You can also file a grievance online at the MCG website.
The Municipal Corporation of Gurugram (MCG) has four zones:
- Zone 1
- Zone 2
- Zone 3
- Zone 4
Each zone is headed by a zonal commissioner, who is responsible for the administration and development of the zone.
The zones are further divided into wards, which are headed by ward councillors. The ward councillors are responsible for representing the residents of their ward and addressing their concerns.
The MCG also has a number of other departments, such as the Public Works Department, the Health Department, and the Education Department. These departments are responsible for providing various services to the residents of Gurgaon.
The MCG Zone 1 and Zone 2 offices are located at the same address:
- Address: C-1, Hero Honda Chowk Flyover, Info Technology Park, Sector 34, Gurugram, Haryana 122001, India
The MCG Zone 3 office is located at:
- Address: F36X+Q7W, Sector 42, Gurugram, Haryana 122002, India
Please note that the MCG Zone 4 office is located at the same address as the MCG Zone 1 and Zone 2 offices.